February 26, 2016
IN THIS ISSUE:
24-HOUR PRAYER VIGIL RESOURCES
Prayer resources are now available - CLICK HERE.
Our Susquehanna Conference 24 Hour Prayer Vigil is
set for March 4, from 12:00 a.m. through 11:59 p.m.
VIDEOS AVAILABLE FROM THE PRE-GENERAL CONFERENCE BRIEFING
- Opening Worship Service (1:03:44)
- Four Areas of Focus and the Church Budget (25:35)
- What to Expect at General Conference (1:17:58
- A Historical Perspective (25:31)
- Ethnic Initiatives Dinner (52:10)
- Proposed Changes for Clergy and Bishops (28:15)
- Commission on General Conference Report (13:12)
- Revising the Social Principles (19:51)
- Proposals for a U.S. Central Conference (33:47)
- The United Methodist Church Moving Forward (24:24)
- The Worldwide Nature of the Church (27:29)
- Restructuring Proposals (1:01:56)
- Day 2 Morning Worship (31:04)
- Response to Christian Conferencing (22:55)
- A Conversation on Human Sexuality (1:20:54)
- Praying for General Conference 2016 (16:59)
- The New United Methodist Hymnal (45:44)
- Resolutions and Issues on Social Responsibility (1:11:09)
- Telling the Story of General Conference (59:12)
CLICK HERE for the video page.
INFORMATION REGARDING LYME AND OTHER VECTOR BORNE DISEASES
The incidence of Lyme and other vector borne diseases is spreading like a wildfire, infecting our children, youth, (25%), young and old. Ticks know no geographic boundaries, and spare no one. Ticks are called nature's dirty needles and will feed wherever they may obtain a blood meal. Outside of the family, churches are the largest community of people, and my intention, as an individual whose family has late stage neurological Lyme, is to educate large numbers of people.
If churches have a newsletter, you have my permission to duplicate this article and include in a church newsletter or as an insert in a bulletin - CLICK HERE.
Because we are God's creation, we have a responsibility as disciples of Christ to keep his children SAFE.
Linda Olley, R.N., Lyme patient for over 35 years
Member of Baughman Memorial UMC, New Cumberland
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT MISSION CENTRAL MISSION LINK FEBRUARY 25, 2016
CLICK HERE to read.
Click graphic to view United Methodist News.