Downloadable Versions of the 2020 AC logo are now available.
If you need this logo in a different format please contact the Communications Ministry Office - email@example.com
The 11th Session of the Susquehanna Annual Conference was scheduled for May 28-30, 2020, at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center in Hershey, PA.
The theme for 2020 is: Better Together ... One in Ministry to All the World
Please Read below ...
Annual Conference Registration Delayed
Dear Laity and Clergy of the Susquehanna Conference,
We know that many of you have questions regarding Annual Conference, scheduled for May 28-30. The conference leaders are continuing to discuss what is best for your safety and how we can care for the important business we must address at Annual Conference.
We are monitoring our local, state, and federal government decisions to ensure that we comply. We will continue to weigh what is known about the virus, evolving government directives for public health, and contract obligations to determine the best ways to accomplish the requirements for the Annual Conference. As the situation unfolds, we will decide whether the conference will meet at the end of May or another time.
Therefore, we have decided to delay registration for the 2020 Sessions of Annual Conference.
Lodge & Meal Pricing
- Thursday, May 28 - Saturday, May 30, two nights lodging (double occupancy) and seven meals, $430.
- Thursday, May 28 - Saturday, May 30, two nights lodging (single occupancy) and seven meals, $620.
- Wednesday, May 27 - Saturday, May 30, three nights lodging (double occupancy) and eight meals, $540.
- Wednesday, May 27 - Saturday, May 30 three nights lodging (single occupancy) and eight meals, $825.
For those who are commuting a pre-purchased meal package will be available at the cost of $175.
Award Nominations for Annual Conference
If you will be making a presentation at Annual Conference and need to use any media for visual aids (PowerPoint presentation, images, graphics, etc.), these materials MUST BE RECEIVED by Janelle Walker NO LATER THAN Wednesday, MARCH 25, 2020. WE MUST HONOR THIS DEADLINE WITHOUT EXCEPTION IN ORDER TO BE FAIR TO THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR A PLEASING PRESENTATION OF YOUR MATERIAL.
E-mail media to firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Conference District Care Kit Challenge
As United Methodist Christians, we have a long history of putting hands and feet to the prayers that we lift. Built into our DNA as a faith tradition are two incredibly important truths: 1) Our faith is never separated from our actions. What we believe about Jesus is lived out in the ways that we seek to make a difference in the world. 2) We believe that we are able to do more together than the sum of our individual contributions. When it comes to the Body of Christ working together – being one with each other and one in ministry to the world, 1 plus 1 always equals more than two.
In order to experience that, the Susquehanna Conference (that’s all of us, friends) is being issued an invitation, or a challenge. Between now and the 2020 session of Annual Conference, to be held at Hershey Lodge next May 28-30, churches in all seven districts are each being asked to collect one item which is used to make up Mission Central Care Kits. Churches are then asked to send those items with their pastor and/or lay member to Annual Conference. During Annual Conference, participants will have the opportunity to work together to tangibly live out our call to work for the transformation of the world by assembling those care kits – which will then be distributed through our partners at Mission Central and UMCOR.
- Altoona District is asked to collect new, adult size washcloths.
- Harrisburg District is asked to collect ¾” to 1” adhesive bandages, banded together in groups of 6.
- Lewisburg District is asked to collect hand towels, good quality, preferably 15X25 – 17X27 inches in size.
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre District is asked to collect new toothbrushes, which should be left in original, individual packaging.
- State College District is asked to collect new combs, preferably those which are sturdy and have 6 inches of teeth.
- Williamsport District is asked to collect bath size soap bars, 3 ounces or larger in original packaging. No Ivory or Jergen’s soap, please.
- York District is asked to collect toenail or fingernail clippers.
There are over 800 churches in the Susquehanna Annual Conference, and we would love to assemble at least one care kit for each church to reflect the power we have when we come together. To reach this goal, each district is challenged to collect 1,000 of its designated items and see what God can do when we act as one with each other in ministry to the world.
AC 2019 Archive
Printed Materials -
*OCR PDF is an Accessible PDF