Delegate Self Nominations
Thank you for your interest in serving as a delegate representing the Susquehanna Annual Conference to the 2020 General Conference Session to be held on May 5-15, 2020 in Minneapolis, MN and the 2020 Northeastern Jurisdictional Conference to be held July 13-17, 2020 in Hunt Valley, MD. A policy and procedure for the election of delegates to the 2020 and subsequent General and Jurisdictional Conferences was approved and amended at Annual Conference in 2018 in that, The Susquehanna Annual Conference will offer the opportunity to request, in writing/electronically, an individual’s desire to be listed on their respective clergy/lay ballot to be presented to the Annual Conference with the pre-conference materials. A form for submission of information will be included. Only those eligible laypersons and eligible clergy who submit a request will be listed on the official ballot at the Annual Conference session. Provision will be made for write-in votes on the first ballot at Annual Conference for eligible persons who do not already appear on the ballot. Those persons who discern a call to serve as a delegate, and, who successfully complete the registration process will be eligible for election as a delegate. You are about to begin the online registration process.
As you prepare to complete the registration form, please be aware of the following things:
- The Clergy delegates who may be elected shall be clergy members in full connection. The lay delegates who may be elected shall have been professing members of the United Methodist Church for at least two years preceding their election and shall have been active participants in the The United Methodist Church for at least four years preceding their election.
- The form will ask you to provide information about yourself which may require some careful thought and planning. It is strongly recommended that you print a blank copy of the form before you begin your work. Please be aware that the online form does not offer you the opportunity to save your work and to return to it later. Once you begin, you will need to fill out the form in its entirety before submitting.
- If you do not have access to a computer to complete the registration process, please notify the Conference Secretary to provide you a paper copy of the form to complete. You will be given the opportunity to attach a recent digital photo of yourself. The photo should be in the popular .jpg or .jpeg format. Please have this file ready to attach to your registration before hitting the submit button. Photos, if submitted, will be included in the Workbook and on the Conference website.
- The form will ask you to provide some basic information about you, your church involvement, and pertinent contact information. If certain questions do not apply to you, please type in the word “none” in the places indicated. The form will ask you to select an “ethnic” category that best describes you. The categories offered in the drop-down box have been provided by the General Church to use throughout the connection. The categories provided may not match with your manner of identifying your ethnicity. Please select from the available options the one that best describes how you define yourself.
- The form will ask you to complete an essay. Your answer to the question must be 1325 characters (including spaces) or less. Only the first 1325 characters will be printed in the Conference Workbook. Please make note – your answer to the question will be printed exactly as you have provided it. Therefore, be sure to check for spelling, grammatical or punctuation errors before you submit the form.
- The deadline to complete the online registration process is Friday, March 15, 2019. The form will be removed from the Annual Conference web site following this date. All forms submitted by U.S. Mail must be sent to the Conference Secretary at 303 Mulberry Drive, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 and must be postmarked on or before March 15, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the online nomination process, please feel free to contact Cindy Weaver, Conference Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-545-0525.