Find reflections on scripture, concepts for worship and disciple formation, music, liturgy, and more to invigorate your worship planning. Most of these come from Methodist sources and reflect Wesleyan theology.
Resources for Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, Jan. 18-25
Lent Worship Resources
Planning Lenten Worship
Susquehanna United Methodist churches now have access to Dr. Marcia McFee's "Journey to Lent 2021" webinars, starting immediately. You can now access the recorded webinar on the historical and theological themes of Lent to help you envision a worship series for your church. A webinar that will be live on Jan. 12 (and also available as a recording) will focus on “Deep Structure” to develop a design model to help you plan ahead and foster healthy collaboration skills with your worship team or volunteers. The Jan. 19 webinar will explore “Spiritual Depth,” for highlighting techniques for leading meaningful and memorable worship. These webinars are tailored for the pandemic context. They will explore the basics of sensory-rich worship design while emphasizing safety protocols and getting creative for online expressions without burning out. Clergy and an unlimited number of members of the church’s worship team can register to receive emails and participate in the webinars. Register here There is no fee to our churches because the annual conference is making this available through your Shares of Ministry giving.
Susquehanna Conference Worship Resources
As a way to help our pastors find a much-needed rest in the midst of the challenges these days, Rev. Gary Shockley (Equipping Vital Congregations Director) has created a 40-minute service for use in worship. The service contains prayers, Scripture readings, a sermon, and video hymns that provide an entire worship experience. Gary hopes this resource will give pastors a much-needed break and a time of encouragement for congregations in this pandemic.
United Methodist–Related Sources
- The worship staff at this United Methodist agency provides weekly scripture commentary, sermon ideas, United Methodist Book of Worship content, and worship service suggestions for the upcoming seasons and Revised Common Lectionary readings.
- Scripture reflections for preaching, planning and leading worship, services for special occasions, prayers and litanies, complete orders of worship, worship for children, music, and more.
- Articles, suggestions, references, and more for United Methodist congregational ministry, including worship resources.
- A comprehensive index of hymns and hymnals.
- A religious order dedicated to sacramental and liturgical scholarship, education, and practice.
- A three-year cycle of scripture texts used by many church bodies around the world.
- Innovative ideas for sensory-rich and well-integrated worship services. Led by Dr. Marcia McFee, a recognized United Methodist worship designer and author, the site offers videos, interviews, resources, advice for coordinating worship teamwork, webinars, and crowdsourcing. The material applies to churches of various sizes and worship styles.